Working with ET Boggess Architect
E. T. Boggess, Architect, Inc., is a small architectural firm located in Princeton, West Virginia. Our firm was established in 1966 by Ted Boggess and has been successful because of a team approach and partnership-type attitude with all involved in the design and construction process.
Having grown up in the practice and with a life-long love of architecture, Todd became a full time presence with the firm in 1988 after receiving a Masters in Architecture from Clemson University. Their unique relationship as father/son/mentor/apprentice and, now, partners is both exciting and rewarding as the practice continues to flourish and evolve.
Communication, collaboration, and consensus are the three elements we feel are essential to the planning, design and building process. Our goal is to develop a “partnership” with our clients – a relationship that includes a long-term commitment, trust, and shared vision. We approach architectural design as an interactive process in order to identify and define all your project goals, objectives, functions, responsibilities, and relationships.
Our projects and design services are dependent on both our abilities as architects and our commitment to perform and implement a set of standards to realize the building. ETB functions as a team of consultants, with individual strengths and abilities emphasized by each employee’s role within the team. In addition to being a strong design oriented firm, we offer expertise in communication and information management, project administration, construction documentation and quality control.
ETB was one of the first architectural firms in the state to implement the use of computer-aided design and drafting into the everyday practice of architecture almost thirty years ago. Today we continue to lead the industry as we utilize photorealistic imagery through computer modeling and digital photography. The building 3-D model and associated imagery can be developed early in the design process for your presentations. This helps everyone better understand design approaches and project contextual relationships within a setting.
Turning Your Building Ideas Into Reality.
- Bachelor of Architecture,
The Ohio State University School of Architecture
Ted founded E. T. Boggess, Architect, Inc., in 1966. Prior to Todd joining the firm, Ted was solely responsible for all design and managerial aspects of the corporation. After serving 35 years as president, Ted decided to hold only the position of Chairman of the Board.
Ted is responsible for . . .
- business development
- document review
- construction observation
- application for payment review
- contract negotiations
Your project will benefit from his 40+ years of architectural excellence. Ted’s understanding of code requirements ensures that your project will satisfy all building, ADA, and life-safety regulations
Over the years, Ted has been very active on state and national architectural boards and committees. West Virginia Governors appointed him to five consecutive, five-year terms on the WV Board of Architects. In addition, he has served on the following national committees:
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB)
- Past Region II Coordinator for NCARB IDP Program
- Past Chairman – NCARB, National Education Committee
- Past Member – NCARB, Procedures and Documents Committee
- Past Member – NCARB, Professional Development Committee
- Past NAAB Accreditation Team Member
These committees were responsible for establishing educational requirements for new architects, and evaluating architectural programs at colleges and universities throughout the country. Even if you don’t select our firm, you will still benefit from Ted’s years of work improving the educational requirements of today’s architects.
- Master of Architecture, Clemson University School of Architecture
- International Studies, Clemson University Daniel Center for Urban Design & Building Studies, Genoa, Italy
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Design, Clemson University School of Architecture
Todd joined ETB as a project architect and office manager in 1988 after graduating from Clemson University. In January, 2001, he assumed the office of President.
Todd is responsible for . . .
- architectural design and development
- project management and coordination
- computer aided design and visualization
- interior design
- site planning
Your project will receive his complete attention, from the interview and project meetings, through the construction process. As the president of the firm, you are putting your trust in him and he takes that commitment very seriously. He wants to make sure you are satisfied with our service, performance, and design.
- WVAIA “Honor Award” for Renovation Design of the Princeton Public Library – April, 2012
- Princeton/Mercer County Chamber of Commerce “Excel Award” – January, 2011
- West Virginia Executive Magazine’s “Young Guns” – Fall, 2003
- Princeton/Mercer County Chamber of Commerce “Citizen of the Year – 2000”
- Princeton Elks Club “Citizen of the Year – 2000”